This $8,750,000 project includes an approximate 15,775sf addition to the 53,200sf Baldwin Hall (1938) to provide classrooms, offices and improved ADA accessibility for the faculty, staff and students within the School of Public and International Affairs (SPIA) and other departments who utilize the facility. The project will also address interior renovations of the historic Baldwin Hall facility. These renovations include the creation of four new classrooms becoming available in January 2017 as well as graduate student research space and meeting rooms for teaching assistants to hold office hours. Repainting and flooring replacement in corridors, as well as sound attenuation to mechanical systems near classrooms are part of the enhancements to the existing facility.
The final draft archaeological report from May 2019 is available at https://www.architects.uga.edu/home/historic-preservation/archaeology.