Old College is the oldest remaining structure on UGA's historic north campus. Constructed in 1806, Old College underwent careful renovation / restoration. Over the years, the building has served as a dormitory, classroom, barracks and administrative offices. Upon completion on its bicentennial in 2006, the restored Old College building houses offices for the Dean of Franklin College of Arts and Sciences and the Associate Vice President for Public Service and Outreach.
- Restoration of historic structure and interior
- Reused and recycled indigenous building materials
- Interior daylighting and occupancy sensors
- Efficient heating and cooling with individual thermal comfort controls
- Low-emitting finishes and materials
- Water-efficient fixtures and landscape irrigation