UGA's Memorial Garden
Constructed on a former surface parking lot, the UGA Memorial Garden honors "University students, faculty, staff and alumni who have fallen in defense of democracy and their country." Located just outside the north tower of the Student Learning Center , the garden features a large inscribed and an unbroken circle of granite symbolizing life, memory, continuity and wholeness.
- Elimination of impervious parking area
- Increased stormwater infiltration and improved water quality
- Reduced urban heat island effect and improved urban forest
- Native landscaping and efficient irrigation
- Improved quality of life for south campus community